Not Guilty!

  THE GUILT TRIP is a Mother/Son Road Trip comedy starring Barbara Streisand and Seth Rogan as mother and son,who goes on a road trip from New York to San Francisco. I'll spare you the details as I usually do and straight to my thoughts.
  I avoided THE GUILT TRIP when it was in theaters in December 2012 for the reason that I am not a fan of Rogan or Streisand. Which brings up the question, "Why watch it now?" Answer: Because it's streaming on Netflix and I have nothing to lose.
  THE GUILT TRIP starts out as watchable,then moves on to mildly amusing,then turns into a "heart warming comedy". It's a tribute to Streisand's acting that I don't see her as Barbara Streisand-the over the top Liberal, that I've come to dislike over the past 20 years,but instead see her as Joyce Brewster,the well meaning, caring and loving mother of Andy Brewster (Seth Rogan). Rogan's usual dirty comedy shtick is on the down low here,which for me is a good thing. He's rarely funny, but mostly amusing here.
  So,my over all reaction to THE GUILT TRIP(2012) is a positive. And here is the question I will ask myself at the end of every review-Now that I "liked" THE GUILT TRIP, do I regret not paying money to see it in theaters? Not at all. Movies like this work better on the small screen, with no expectations attached. That's not exactly true...I did have a negative view going into this movie.It wasn't successful at the box office, nor did the critics like it. I expected to see at worst case, a bad movie,which, streaming on Netflix, I have the choice of bailing on the movie if it's not to my liking.
THE GUILT TRIP gets a B- from me.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)