MAD MAX:FURY ROAD=Best Action Movie Ever???

 MAD MAX:FURY ROAD is a jaw dropping, game changing genre defining action movie in every sense of the word.  If you are a movie buff like myself, then you remember the original Mad Max trilogy from the 80's, starring Mel Gibson, the role that made him a household name.
  Well, series creator George Miller returns 30 years later to reignite and re-define Mad Max for a new generation. What he delivers is a film that I think will also re-define the action movie from here on out. This is arguably the best action film to made in the past 15 years. The film takes at a break neck pace and does not let up until the final credits. Just when you think Miller is giving the audience a chance to catch our breath, we find ourselves off in another mouth gaping action sequence. The action is really that crazy awesome.
  Then there is the performances by Tom Hardy as Mad Max and Charlize Theron, who in my opinion, steals the movie right out from under Hardy. Theron's Imperator Furiosa is the best female action character to hit the big screen since Sigorney Weaver's Elanor Ripley in the Alien movies. She is INCREDIBLE. She  deserves another Oscar for this role. SHE IS AMAZING, people. AMAZING!!!!
Ok. I'll calm down. *Tries to catch breath* I am by no means selling Tom Hardy short as Mad Max. You forget that Mel Gibson originally played him. Tom Hardy makes this role his own. He is an action movie behemoth.
   And then there is the directing job from George Miller. WOW!!! I literally lost my mind watching this movie. So much happens so quickly that I will have to see it again just to catch all the action that is going on here. It's insane. Miller and screenwriters Brendan McCarthy and Nick Lathouris do an amazing job at writing a mind boggling insane thrill ride of an action movie that I've ever seen.
  This movie is so incredibly filled with action that it's so unbelievable. I need to stop and get myself together.
  MAD MAX:FURY ROAD gets an A+. I can't give a movie a higher grade or I would.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)