Hotel Transylvania 2 Movie Review

 I admit that I have never seen Hotel Transylvania, but being the movie nut ball that I am, I knew more than enough about the film to be more than familiar with it. I knew it was an animated Adam
Sandler film, costarring all of his friends (i.e. Kevin James, David Spade and Steve Buscemi). I knew it was about classic horror movie monsters led by Sandler's Count Dracula, who ran a hotel for monsters. I knew that it was also about his his teenage daughter (voiced by Selena Gomez) who falls in love with a goofy human( voiced by Andy Samberg). And so, to prove to his daughter that he likes humans, he opens his hotel to humans. That was the first one. See? I did pretty good without seeing it,right?
  And since the first one was a box office hit, it's inevitable that we would have a sequel. And we do. Shock. Surprise.
  I have another admission. I was bored when I picked this movie selection. I figured at the very least that I could stop it if it was awful. To my surprise, Hotel Transylvania 2 is a lighthearted, sometimes funny film about Count Dracula finding a way to keep his daughter in the castle. I'm leaving out plot details on this one. I could give you all the plot details, but what would be the point of watching the movie if I were to do that? So, I'm not going to be that guy.
  Like I said, I found Hotel Transylvania 2 to be a sometimes funny and entertaining movie that is not ruined by Sandler's typical bathroom humor. It's watered down here to where the whole family can enjoy it. it is by no means a great animated movie. It no Ice Age movie either. Thank the Lord for that.
  I give Hotel Transylvania 2 a solid B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)