Interstellar Review Part 1

   Interstellar is Christopher Nolan's most grounded work yet as a film-maker and it's also the most humanistic of all of his films. It's also a complicated bind bender that we've come to expect from Nolan.
  Plain and simple, Interstellar is the story of a father and daughter set in the distant future. Matthew McConaughey and Mackenzie Foy play the father and daughter combo that is the heart and soul of the movie. It's their incredible performances that make the movie. Many have said that Interstellar is a masterpiece in visual film making. I say that the film works best when it focus is on the father and daughter. The space exploration portion of the film has been done better in other films. But let's call Interstellar what it truly is -a mind bending drama about a Father and his daughter. I also can't forget the awesome score by film composer Hans Zimmer. I consider his score to be one of his best in years.
 All that being said, Interstellar is also a film that demands to be seen more than once. Hence the title of my review. I plan on seeing Interstellar again very soon and will write another review and see how much my opinion changes, if any, after watching it again. I have heard from many that say that their opinion and view of the film deepened after a second and even third viewing.
 With this viewing, I give Interstellar a B+.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)