The Dark Tower: An Incoherent Mess

    The Dark Tower is a bad adaptation of the Stephen King book series. Plain and simple. For some reason Sony Pictures thought it was a good idea to take all seven books and smash them up into one 95-minute movie that is such a mess, I beg someone to explain to me what I just watched.
  Matthew McConaughey gives one of the worst performances of his career as Walter/The Man in Black, the villain of the movie, who spends the entire time following a kid who has visions of another world. It turns out the kid holds the key to ending the existence of Walter. Everyone in the kid's world (our world) thinks he crazy. He goes through a portal into a world where he encounters Walter's nemesis-The Gunslinger played by Idris Elba, who does his best with what he has to work with.
 I read the first book in The Dark Tower series and found it to be a trippy read. Watching this version, I can barely find any plot threads from that book in this movie. The major ingredients missing in this movie are any relatable characters and any sense of wonder that the viewer should have felt entering into what I believe was supposed to be a visual splendor and thrilling ride. That is definitely not the film I saw in The Dark Tower. 
   The Dark Tower is a strong candidate for worst film of the year. I give it a D. Do yourself a favor and read the books instead.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)