Brief Plot details vs. Detailed Plot details in Movie Reviews

   Spending the last few months of consistently writing movie reviews, I have realized that there are some people who like a detailed synopsis of the film I'm writing about. I simply do not do this. I give the reader a very brief synopsis of the film while avoiding possible spoilers. Some might see it as lazy writing. My job as a film critic is to give the reader a brief idea of what the movie is about. Most critics give you a very detailed account of the film, which in my opinion runs the risk of ruining the viewing experience for the reader. I do not do this and simply refuse to do so. My reviews exist to tell my thoughts on the film, not a detailed account of the story. Once again, for a detailed account, see the movie. My job is to give you a small taste of what the film is about. And hopefully, I won't spoil anything about the movie in question while doing so.
  Thank you for your time. Enjoy yourself at the movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)