American Sniper Review

AMERICAN SNIPER, directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Bradley Cooper is based on the life of Chris Kyle and the book of the same name.
  Much has been written and said about Chris Kyle, especially since the release of the film this past December. Please keep in mind as you read this, that this is my opinion of the film itself and not of the man, Chris Kyle. I have not served in the US military, nor do I claim to have any insight into the depiction of military life. I have, however, seen a tons of movies and can critique a film. So, please keep that in mind. Most people I have talked to have a strong opinion about Chris Kyle in one way or the other.
  Clint Eastwood is in my opinion, a master film maker and has an established body of work to prove that. I'm talking about Eastwood the director, not the actor. AMERICAN SNIPER is a superb addition to that body of work. From the start, we are thrown into the tense action as Kyle as to make a life or death decision of whether to take a shot or not. From there, we are taken from his childhood and his time in the rodeo circuit,joining the Marines,meeting and marrying his wife and right back to where the movie started-taking one of many difficult shots that takes its toll on his mental condition. It also takes us through his four tour of duties in the Middle East.
  Bradley Cooper is amazing as Chris Kyle, showing us a man who was haunted by the decisions he had to make and all the horrendous things he saw during his time serving our Country. Bottom line, Chris Kyle was an American Hero who risked his life to protect our country. He was also, according to the movie (I have not read the book),a loving husband and father who suffered with depression and helped other soldiers who came back home, to deal with the decease. That act of kindness cost him his life.
  After watching this film, all I could think about was all the men and women who have died for this country that I love and the freedom that I enjoy. If you are reading this and have served our great country in either of the four branches of the military, I want to give you my heartfelt thank you.
  God Bless you one and all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)