Movie Review: THE FOREIGNER-Not the movie I was expecting.

  THE FOREIGNER starring Jackie Chan is not the movie I was expecting. Based on the trailer and what I had read about the movie, I was expecting a revenge film in the style of TAKEN with Liam Neeson, which has been done to death. I wasn't high on seeing another film like that.
  Upon viewing THE FOREIGNER, I was surprised to discover that not only was I was correct in the fact that it is a revenge thriller but I was also surprised to learn it is also a film that has a broader scope when telling this story. I'm not going to dive into spoiler territory here, but I will tell you that it involves Pierce Brosnan as an Irish Ambassador who Jackie Chan's character wants answers from involving his daughter's death. There is a whole other story that comes out of this that does not involve Jackie Chan's character at all. So much so, that you wonder if his character has been forgotten. 
  There is a bit of a minus in the fact that Brosnan's story is a bit stronger than the main character of the film-Jackie Chan's character. It makes you wonder if the filmmakers didn't have enough confidence in Mr.Chan's story arc. Nevertheless, THE FOREIGNER is a solid action thriller with enough twists and turns to keep you intrigued for two hours.
  I give THE FOREIGNER a B. It is now available on Blue Ray/DVD and streaming platforms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)