THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE lacks on an empathetic level.

     THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE can be a difficult film to watch. It is not an entertaining film, to say the least. If left feeling sad for our men and women who fight for our country, who risk everything including their emotional health, for our freedom.
     THANK YOU is about three American soldiers who return home after serving their time in the Military. The film's focus is on each man's adjustment to civilian life and learning that they each suffer from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). It is also about how this disorder affects those around them.
   Some films are not made to simply entertain. Films can inform us of things we know nothing about. THANK YOU is an enlighting film into those who suffer from PTSD. However, it is not a fun, enjoyable film to watch. It's failing, at least for me, is that it failed to make me empathetic towards the main character, Adam, played very well by Miles Teller. For me, I was unable to connect in an emotional way with Adam and his journey to cope with the demons inside his head, brought on by the horrific events he experienced first hand while serving our country in Iraq. It's not to say that I'm not sympathetic and grateful for the men and women who serve to protect our country. I am extremely grateful. I feel that the film failed to connect me emotionally.
    I give THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE a C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)