Movie Review: HAPPY DEATH DAY

   HAPPY DEATH DAY is a horror/thriller version of GROUNDHOG DAY. It's about a College student, played well by Jessica Rothe, who finds herself dying over and over again. Finding out why she keeps dying how to stop the vicious cycle is just part of the fun. Yes, that's right. I called this film fun. The film has more depth than I was expecting. I was expecting no depth at all. Repeatedly dying over and over again starts to wear a little thin. Just when that happens, the film reveals that it has an unexpected depth, which is rare for most Horror films today.
  I could reveal more about it's surprising depth that I speak of, but that would mean delving into spoiler territory, which I always try to avoid. I'll stop here.
 A word of caution for Parents who like to keep an eye on what their teenagers watch. HAPPY DEATH DAY is Rated PG-13. It should be Rated R for strong language, sexual situations and plenty of violence. It's aimed at teenagers and it will attract them in droves. However, I just want to make my readers be aware.
 If you like Horror Movies that doesn't take itself too serious and has more thrills that chills or scares, then you might find yourself liking HAPPY DEATH DAY. I give it a B-.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)