CALL ME BY YOUR NAME-A Timeless love story this movie is not.

  Not every movie is for everyone. CALL ME BY YOUR NAME is not for me. There are people out there that LOVE this movie. Me? I clearly do not see what they see. Where one see's a beautiful love story, I see it as pointless, plotless and end a movie that couldn't end soon enough. It was 132 minutes of sheer misery for me. FIFTY SHADES DARKER is a step up in comparison. The plot? A Professor living in Italy with his family invites a former student turned writer to visit. The writer has a love affair with the Professor's teenage son. It takes over 90 minutes for that to even happen. I don't count the spit swapping at the 45-minute mark, either.
 Like I started out saying, not every movie is for everybody. This movie was clearly not made for me. I didn't enjoy anything about it and I took nothing from it. However, I will say this. There is a scene towards the end of the movie where Armie Hammer is dancing to a song that I forgot what it was, with a young lady and the kid watches all of this play out. He then vomits. My summation of watching the whole movie. Vomit inducing.
 I've spent way too much time on CALL ME BY YOUR NAME. Time to move on.
I give it an F.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)