BLOCKERS (Q&A Edition)


What is the film about? BLOCKERS tells the story of three teenage girls who make a pact to lose their virginity on Prom Night. Complications ensue when the parents find out the plan via text messaging.

Is this movie funny? Film is subjective and ultimately up to the individual to decide what is funny or not. For me, I found the movie to be funny in a very uncomfortable way. I'm not a fan of raunchy sex comedies, so I was somewhat surprised when I found myself laughing for much of the movie. One big reason for me is that I could relate to the parents and where their need to control things gets out of hand in comedic fashion.

What is John Cena doing in this movie? You read that right. WWE wrestler John Cena is one of the stars of the film and does a fantastic job of showing his comedic side. He is a scene stealer in this film.

Can I take my mother to see this? Depends if your Mother like raunchy sex comedies and if you are comfortable watching raunchy sex comedies with your mother.

Is this movie funny all the way through? Yes. The laughs start out as smiles and soft chuckles then builds to big laughs to the very end. That says a lot about this film. Most of the comedies I've seen over the years fails to either 1) be funny or 2) maintain the laughs for the length of the films run time.

Would you recommend this film to anyone? No. BLOCKERS(Rated R) IS very raunchy and contains prolific profanity throughout. If you are easily offended by nudity and language then I would recommend passing on this film. However, if the subject matter doesn't bother you in the slightest, then by all means, go see BLOCKERS.

Is BLOCKERS worth the price of admission? Or is it better with Movie Pass? Any movie is better with Movie Pass.  For those without, I'd say see it at a matinee showing. Very few movies, IMO, are worth a full price ticket. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)