BLOCKERS (R) (2018)

         BLOCKERS is an ultra-raunchy sex comedy about three parents who learn that their teenage daughters plan on losing their virginity on Prom Night.The film stars John Cena, Leslie Mann, and Ike Barinholtz as the three parents. The three have a good comedic chemistry that carries much of this surprisingly funny movie. It's also crude and vulgar at times, which is a stumbling block for me. For those who don't like this type of comedy, I issue a strong warning-know what you like and dislike in movie watching. I felt guilty at laughing at some of the stuff. I also found myself relating heavily to three parents, as they find themselves spying on their daughters on one of the biggest nights of their young lives. The three young ladies are also worth mentioning here. Kathryn Newton, Gideon Alden, and Geraldine Viswanathan turn in good work as the often foul-mouthed girls who are finding their way through today's world. Director Kay Cannon does a competent job of bringing out the laughs and has made a film with a big heart and a potty mouth in need of a bar of soap.
          I give BLOCKERS a B. Once again, I want to warn those who don't like potentially offensive strong subject matter to take heed of my warnings. For others, this won't bother them at all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: DADDY'S HOME 2

Movie Review: WINCHESTER (PG-13)

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK (4-25-18)